I’ve broken one of the cardinal rules of navywifedom.
I’ve booked a holiday for when the ships due back.
And it gets worse.
Ive booked it for the day the ship gets back.
Because it’s my birthday that day.
I’m a total plonker.
It’s my birthday the day the ships back and it’s a significant number (30 ahem, I mean 21) and I’ve booked up a wholesome weekend in Centre Parcs.
So of course now I’ve cursed it. I’ve cursed my birthday, and homecoming and everything.
What the actual fuck was I thinking?!?!?!?!
Have my years as a military wife and prior to that, girlfriend, taught me nothing?!
Am I having some kind of delusional break?! Have I lost my grip on reality?!?!?!?
Of course now the homecoming date will change.
There literally is no point to this post apart from me
- Freaking out about my (21st) birthday
- Freaking out about having to see popeye and wear a bikini around him straight away.
- Going on holiday with a man I haven’t seen in almost a year with two toddlers
- The navy fucking up my (poorly laid) plans.
- The actual logistics of sorting the house/kids/myself out, going to homecoming, turning around and bombing it down the A303
To be honest I was a little miffed that my birthday was going to be all about him.
What do you think? Am I being totally naive or am I engaging in some weird birthday self sabotage?
P.s if you get the MN and centre parcs reference, don’t jump to conclusions, get your mind out the gutter.
<update> of course something did go wrong and yes I did have to rebook the flipping holiday. I can hear the “I told you so’s” from here. Muchos love x