I wanted to write a Valentine’s Day blog post to cheer you all up but then I realised I’ve never spent one with Popeye. Not one. In 8 years.
Kinda outside my sphere of experience.
So here’s to all of us staying in and watching pretty woman with a bottle of wine! Huzzah!
Let’s give civvy wives V day. Let’s let them have it and hold no grudges. After all we get homecoming and let’s face it that’s like 1000 times better!
Seriously I’ve decided I pity those civvys having to pin all their romance on one day of the year. Such hope. Such stress. Such potential for disappointment. Such pressure on all parties. Think about it, we get:
- Homecoming kiss.
- Homecoming sex.’nuff said.
- All the times they’re at sea for a few weeks then they get weekenders and come home all randy and appreciative and want to take us out for dinner and dancing.
- And mid deployment flowers.
- And really cool presents from around the world.
- Soppy emails and voicemails we can reread or re listen to over and over. (Beats a card in my books.)
So we basically get Valentine’s Day several times a year. Except for the card.
All that being said I’d still quite like to have him home for just ONE Valentine’s Day.
Until then it’s just me and this lothario 😂